Thursday, August 9, 2012

Rabbits Read...And So Much More...

As my day unfolded, I woke up early this morning, spent some time with my parents' dog, Gul, got in an awesome exercise, and was ready to start the day. My niece has a birthday coming up, and so she has been relentless in her pursuit of it being her birthday week. We decided on skating, the yogurt spot, and a place I'm so proud they love to go, the library. The library we visited is a new state of the art facility, so it is pretty awesome to visit. I was trying to find some books that would stimulate my me and decided to pick up the one I've heard so much about called, "The Secret".
It was available, but they had the audio version of it, so I can't wait to listen to it. I also decided to pick up "Angels and Demons" by Dan Brown. I heard a great deal about this one so of course I have to see what story unfolds in this suspense novel. Lastly, I picked up 52 small changes by Brett Blumenthal which looks like a very easy to follow practical guide on the small things that can change your life in a big way. I am also brushing up on my spanish, so I picked up another audio book on that and it is "muy bien".
So, on the way back, we tried to find this skating rink. Unfortunately, I think it must have went out of business, so I had to think of something else. Then I saw it, a pet store. My nieces absolutely love animals, and so do I, so we decided to go in. As soon as we entered, there were these adorable puppies and then, the rabbits. They were in their space with what looked like 2 hamsters. I thought it was so interesting how they were able to read where their water came from. The water was not in a bowl, it was in a spout against the wall. I found it so fascinating how they could realize, this was where their water supply was. Somehow, they knew. And yes, I'm a little quirky, but I'm still okay. After losing my pug a few weeks ago, I did have a little sadness walking into the store, because I still miss her. But after walking in, I felt better. I'm still taking things one day at a time, but it gets better day by day. I am going to try to remember to talk about the book, "The Secret", once I finish reading it as I would love to explore more on healing and the small things that can change your life in a big way. Reading, just takes me to that world. It takes me to that place. Well until next time, peace. D.

No comments:

Post a Comment