Friday, August 17, 2012

O.K. That's It...You!!! Go to Time Out........




The kid in the grocery line that's screaming at the top of his lungs. The man in the store that is rude to all the employees. The chick that has something negative to say about any female she sees. The woman that continuously pulls everyone around her into oblivious drama. The man that continuously screams at his lover. The woman that continuously belittles her lover . If I had my way, I'd wave my magic wand, and in time out you go. The hustle and bustle of life can pull us in so many ways. Stress can also cause us to say some of the most obnoxious things. I know, I've done it.

But, what if there was an Adult time out? This would be much better than high school. This would be a life school. Your teacher can put you in time out, any time, and any where.  Anytime you show your assets, in time out you go!   How awesome is that? No more obnoxiousness, not a word. In time out you go!  Don't even think about going to your job if you violate the rules. You would have to serve your time, in time out!  When you are in time out, you can sit and think about your actions. Time out worked  so well with my students because the #1 reason my students got in trouble was because they feared no one was listening, and they wanted some kind of attention. Some would break every rule to get it. They had no respect for their classmates, no respect for their surroundings, they just wanted to do whatever to get it.  Back when I was in school, I got paddled. Can't do that in the school system now a days, but whatever it was I did, I didn't want to do it again. Time out worked for my some of my students and sometimes it didn't'. But when it worked, it worked really well.

I think about our country and how we have so many privileges and rights. It is such an honor to be able to express how we feel freely, whenever we want. That is freedom, yet many people don't have it around the world. We have some countries where it is entirely against the law for women to read.  Many times, that freedom is abused and misused. Someone said, when you lose something, it makes you realize how valuable it  is. That is true in many cases. When you lose something, you can gain the concept of giving thanks for everything and being grateful for it. What if women were stripped of their freedom of being able to read a book or say whatever they want in this country? Ooo boy! What if we didn't have that freedom? We are so fortunate. We all need a time out that makes us take time to realize in the time we have to speak, someone does not have that time at all. We are all so blessed to have that freedom. Just because you are a so called "adult" doesn't mean you can't go to time out! Hahaha! I am working on an own online course, and I think "Time Out" would be a great name. Whadaya think? Hahahaha Until next time, Peace.



D.

No comments:

Post a Comment