Thursday, August 16, 2012

I Still Got It.. Bring It!....

a
I did something I have not done in a long time. It was almost out of my memory because of work, and other things that have been going on with me. It was something that I was super talented in and the energy of it is so familiar. I picked up my basketball. I picked it up and it felt great. I haven't played in a long time, but I know I still got it. The energy I had when I was on the court at 12, is still within me. I use to slay chicks that were in 12th grade at the age of 12. I would hoop with the dudes so I knew how to play hard. My jump shop was killer, and I had a mean cross over. My energy was relentless and I wouldn't stop. I knew in my mind that when I picked up the ball, it was going in the hoop. No matter what. My steps only saw me taking it to the hoop. Nothing was going to stop me.
I realized, that's the energy I had to remember in anything. There was nothing stopping me on the court and I could apply that same energy to anything I wanted to pursue. That is how you have to take life. I'm in such an aggressive energy right now, and it made me realize, this is the same kind of energy I had at 12 years old. My coach told me I was the most talented basketball player he's ever seen, male or female. That said something. My energy like this is bananas and...I still got it. Whatever comes your way, dunk on it, knock it out the box, put it in the hoop. We are at the free throw line many times and are scared to shoot. Why? We listen at other voices, people saying you have to do this, you have to do that. Just shoot the freaking ball. Hahaha! This is your court, your game, your life. Don't stop because of things that have nothing to do with your game. It is all about what energy you bring to the table. Bring it! Until next time, Peace. D.

No comments:

Post a Comment