Thursday, February 7, 2013

The Voice ..... ...

Throughout life, there are so many voices that cross our path. The voices of others can be so distracting at times, when you are trying to listen to "that" inner voice. The voices of a parent, the voice of a sibling, a friend, a lover, or even a stranger, can try to silence "that" voice. That one voice however, can make the most important decision in our lives. What we say to ourselves, can be the most important voice in changing our lives. I do believe we all have a purpose on Earth, and that purpose is clear if we allow the peace from within to guide us to it. I was just thinking to myself one day, if I had the opportunity to see my life on a movie screen, what would I see? The one thing I would probably notice is me moving into action or not moving into action based on the words of others, and finally moving into action based on the "voice" I finally listened to within myself. Going through the motions, and knowing "that voice" was telling me "no" don't even go there, it's not right for you", many times, I did not listen. When I did not listen, in most cases, I paid for it in the end. It only lead me to moving farther and farther away from myself. I think about so many things as my brain goes on a 'down memory lane' marathon, and I think, if I had listened to "my voice", it would have saved me a world of headache and "going through the motionness". I ask, what the number one reason would be why I was feeling unsatisfied? The one thing I can think of is not allowing my true inner voice to speak. When I did listen however, it said so many great things, like "Yes" and "No" and "Go for It". All these things are valid, true, plain, clear, and beautiful when they are truly the voice of your most inner peace. It can save us and others from not just going through the motions but truly enjoying the motion. My inner voice allows me the ability to know, my path is unique to me, and even though we are all trying to get to the same place of peace, I have my own shoes to walk in to get there. In life there will be people that come into your life, that genuinely love and care for you, and can be a great support, however, they won't be able to walk your unique journey, only you can. That "inner voice" will consistently want to know and will ask that question, "are you in peace or limbo"? When you are there, you never want to leave. To get there, that may mean doing something that friends and loved ones may never understand, changing up a pretty stable routine of "going through the motionness" or just simply moving into the "unknown" and taking a chance. Whatever it is, "the voice of peace" only wants you to move closer to the beautiful creation of love only your peace can see. Until next time, D.

No comments:

Post a Comment