Saturday, December 19, 2015

Applause......





I am, who I am. I am never satisfied. I am constantly looking at ways to better me. I want to grow in a way that is healthy for my life, and my forward direction. I try everyday to work on myself. When I hear of someone getting caught up in something, or making headlines, I turn to look at me. I say, I could have been in that situation.  How can I work on myself? What do I need to work on to make me a better me? At any given time, the same thing could happen to me. Breathe. Take a deep breath. You have your own living to do.

When you do something considered pleasing to others, applause can come. It is a great to hear the applause. Yet, with applause, this means, someone is always watching you. You can be the difference between life and death for someone. You can inspire and motivate someone. You can be the voice, to the voice less just because you are who you are. You are authentically you, no matter the applause.

 Don't get distracted by the applause. The same ones applauding you now, can be the same ones there, waiting on you to fall. When you know you have given your best, the applause won't compare to the mastery you have completed within yourself. We are all striving to become better. We are all striving to be understood. When you are focused on pleasing others all the time, you place your self-worth into the hands of someone else and their judgment. Place your self-worth back in your hands. Your emotions are there for a reason. When they come, feel the lesson. I can remember sitting in the middle of someone giving a speech, saying to myself, this is not right for me. This is completely wrong for me. Every one else around me was applauding, and cheering. Yet, every emotion within me, said "No." You do not have to applaud nor congratulate this. Do not applaud it. It is wrong for you.

I was quite aware of how I felt about it. At that moment, I was proud of myself. I listened to my inner voice. I did not go with the crowd just because everyone else was. I knew it was something that did not resonate with me. It felt great that I recognized my inner voice. We all have our own authentic voice, no matter the applause. As I journey through life, my inner voice grows stronger. I am striving to move closer to the compassion and wisdom of my voice everyday. The applause should hopefully only compliment that.

Until Next Time,

Peace,

D.

1 comment: