Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Fear can look like anything.....

My air conditioning was not working in my house, and for the past couple of days it has been humid and in the 90's. I couldn't stay at my place one more minute, so I decided to go down to my parents house and get some rest. I knew it would be nice and cool at their house so I was ready to go. As I made my way through the door, I could feel the coolness hit my body and I was super excited to hit a cool bed. I had lived with my parents through childhood and high school, so I knew exactly where I was going. Make no mistake, even though I've been out of my parent's house for years, I still made claim to "My Room". I was ready to go. My feet could not move fast enough. I was so anxious to get to "My Room" and flop down on my cool bed. It was going down! As I entered the room, I was ready to take a plunge onto my bed. I was ready to enter into the world of dreams. I raised my hands and turned my body to lay down. As I laid down, I hit something and it made a laughing noise. My heart started racing, wondering what could this be? Oooo no, I thought that Chuckie is here. As some may know, I do have some things that make me a little not like the so called "normal" person. As a child, at night, I use to think Dark Vader was in my closet to get me. I got scared and started crying when I saw the video, "Thriller" because I knew those characters in the video were real and out to get me. And yes, I am claustrophobic. Soooo, as I laid down, there was this laughing chuckle that went straight into my back. I felt the funny thing go into my back and I then shouted a few words I may not need to repeat at the moment. I was saying, what is this? Then my face turned. It was....a
Booga Bear! My heart was racing really fast! I didn't know what to do! So I turned around and before I knew it, I grabbed it by the neck. I looked it in the eyes. Yes, I faced my fear. That's when I realized, this is way too funny, but there is something that I can learn from this. Simply, turn around, and look fear in the eyes. Grab it, and hold it. There is nothing it can do to you. After a while, I started laughing to myself, and I ended up in the world of dreams. Moral of this story, face it, fear could be some old cotton filled booga bear standing between you, and your world of dreams. Until next time, peace. D.

No comments:

Post a Comment