Friday, July 6, 2012

Don't Give Up...Go For It....

Go for it...Don't hold back. These are three words that I've wrestled with all my life. I don't think I realize how much power is within me if I decided not to hold back. I've held back a lot in life on love, pursuits, and things that took that "all or nothing" approach. I am spontaneous at times, however I let what others think, or what I thought internally in terms of risk stop what I was feeling in my heart. I admit it, I held back. I realize though, there is something beautiful about letting go. You're not holding back, you get a chance to experience how powerful you are. Loving someone in spite of what happens, just trusting every inch of yourself. Feeling that no matter what, you experienced the passion of You. A lot of times, we think about how that other person or something might hurt us, when its not about them, never has been. It's all about you trusting yourself, knowing that no matter what happens, you will still be okay. No matter how busy or crazy life gets, love still finds us. Right where we are. Sometimes, totally unprepared, unrehearsed, it shows up. As I'm working on a new album, I'm "letting go" and it feels awesome! I use to listen to outside voices, but now I'm so tuned into mine. I will say, I'm not afraid of letting go, but I have no idea of the magnitude of power that's going to come out of me when I release. That's real. I think I'm afraid of how much power I never realized I had, bottled all up inside. If something or someone makes you feel alive, feel special, gives you a feeling that you've never experienced, go for it. You can then say at least, I gave my all, no matter what happens, I experienced, I did it, Go for it.:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment