Thursday, October 24, 2013

Day 2-Transformation Knocks At the Door




I'm crying...My muscles are too...I have been talking about a personal trainer for a long time, and
there has been this person, right under my nose. He has been on me for some time, with my art, and modeling for his art gallery. With my busy schedule, there has been always something conflicting or getting in the way of us linking until now. He invited me to his shop and what a walking ton of wisdom and a creative synergy I've discovered. He was a boxer for years and is one of the most physically fit men I've ever met. This guy is 59 years old and a machine. His body is that of a 30 year old.

So Lil ol me decides aww, this will be a piece of cake. I can train with this guy because I'm younger, faster, and I do have an extensive athletic background, so, look out buddy. Day 1, he gives me the first test. He says he wants to get a sense of where I am physically. Out of all things, this is my test; Jump rope for 5 minutes. Cool, easy, a no brainer, right? Wrong. My out of shape ass couldn't even jump rope for a minute. I'm saying to myself, Wth? No way, not me. I never saw this coming. Someone else had to allow me to see that I have to push harder.  Next task, take dumbbell and walk the floor, stretching the knees. I fell. Wth? next task, with him leaning against my legs, I had to do 3 sets of 20 thigh thrusts.  Next task, go up six flight of stairs, two times. next task, boxing, jab left, right punch, then hook. "Go faster, not fast enough". I'm giving him the look of an angry black woman, and he's cracking up. "You are young, and you have one of the best body frames I've ever seen but, you're out of shape. I couldn't believe it. No Way! Not this athlete.

He then says, "o this is just the beginning. We will be hiking, running, exercising in the water, and doing some more stuff, soooo get ready.  Your body will be in the best shape it's ever been when I get finished with you. You will learn endurance, and how to use the most important part asset you have, your mind. I was floored, I couldn't believe some of the small easy things I use to do like jumping rope, I now breathe like I've eaten a hot ass pepper after doing it for not even
a minute. He said one thing I noticed was you were saying, "I can't" do no more. "You know your body is listening to every word, right?"  I just stopped there and took a deep breath and smiled. Sometimes you can't see what others clearly can see. stop talking, thinking you know it all, listen and release. He is an excellent visual artist and then had me take a few shots for my before and after personal collection. My ass is sore and tired, but I"m up for the next session. Great to see the things you thought you knew, only to discover, there's so much more potential left.

Until next time, Peace

D.

No comments:

Post a Comment